Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One of my favorite things...


So, as many of you know, my grandmother has been in the hospital this week. She had surgery last Friday and then again last Sunday to remove some blood clots from her leg. Well, from Friday to Monday I was there to help in whatever way I could and to offer support to my mom while she takes care of my grandmother. Well, in case you have never had the hospital stay experience, it can be quite dull. So, I did what any good English teacher would do- I read...and I read...and I read. I love to read, but it's so hard to find books these days that aren't filled with worldly views and bad morals. That's why I'm thankful for these books. They're by a Christian author named Karen Kingsbury. She's written a ton of different things- some children's books, a few series stories, and some novels. I've read about ten of her books, and I'm currently suffering from an addiction to the Redemption series...it's about the Baxter family, whom I've come to feel like I know personally. They are by no means literary masterpieces, but they are good, sweet, easy reads. They kind of remind me of Nicholas Sparks books, except her characters make good, Godly decisions consistently....not always the case with ole' Mr. Sparks. So, if you're looking for a quick pick-me-up, give them a shot. They work for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. I am glad to see you on here. I was looking at Addie's web page and saw pictures of your Libby. I didn't know that the cutie was yours until I saw a link to your page on Erin's blog. I am glad to be able to keep up with you on here!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.