Sunday, June 27, 2010

Better than just alright

In a desperate attempt to stop the teething madness and cure the summer slump,
 we made a mad dash out of town this weekend.
By WE, I mean me and the girls.
Solo.
My first attempt at being outnumbered on the road.

Needless to say, Lib's face in this picture about sums up how it went.



Although, despite the overwhelming heat that made my poor baby's face turn this nice shade of pink....



the weekend did have its high points.

So, instead of focusing on and ranting about all the things that didn't exactly go as planned (like how I only got a grand total of one hour and forty-five minutes of sleep that night and how Hollyn cried more in one twenty-four period than ever before or how after about fifteen attempts, this was the best we could get in terms of a family picture....),



I'm choosing to overlook (aka block out) all of that and focus on the high points of our getaway.

Point number one: my grandmother's spaghetti.

 In my family, this stuff is infamous.
 In fact, I'm so terribly spoiled by how good this stuff is that I never attempt to make spaghetti of my own, because I know my limits,
and there's just no way I can compete with this.
And if that wasn't bad enough, it's also the only spaghetti I eat because second best just doesn't cut it when it comes to sketti.


Point number two: the fashion show.

In case letting her eat ice cream for breakfast wasn't enough to guarantee that my grandmother's house is Lib's favorite place to visit,
she also gives the Libster free reign of her closet while we're there.
And if you know Libby, you know there's nothing she loves more than a good game of dress up,
 especially when the dress up includes high heels.



Point number three: the newest addition.

My brother and his wife have just had their second child.
Her name is Carlyle, and we love her.
How could we not?
She's so stinkin' cute.


And apparently, holding a new baby never gets old...
even when you have one of your own at home.



And hands down, Lib's favorite part of the weekend was getting to play with Rylee Kate,
my brother's firstborn.
She lets Lib run the show, which makes Lib more than happy.


All in all, it was a good weekend....
at least it's good when you choose to ignore all the stuff that went wrong
and focus on the things that went better than just alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.