Friday, December 31, 2010

2011's Eleven Resolu-NOTS {LINKY PARTY}

I have my gifts. Unfortunately, keeping New Year's Resolutions has never been one of them. So this year, instead of making a list of things I hope to accomplish, I'm sticking with things I will NOT do in 2011.
I think I can handle not doing things.
Agreed?
So, here are the eleven things I'm resolving NOT to do in 2011:
(And before you ask, most of the fabulous pictures you're about to see came from here, which happens to be one of my favorites sites of all time; just throwin' that out there.)

1. BE MADE A FOOL OF BY THIS BABY


No matter how darn adorable she is and no matter how much she points and reaches, I will absolutely, positively NOT give her cookies after every meal, let her play with my makeup, watch innocently while she dibbles in the kitty food,  and have her steal a sip of my tea. Not gonna happen. Period. End of discussion.

2. BREAK THE BANK


2011 is gonna be the year that I DO NOT break the bank on craft supplies...no matter how darn cute they might be or how badly I NEED them.

3. NOT MORE EATING ENDLESS AMOUNT OF MINT OREOS


This year I will NOT eat my age in mint Oreos....only my shoe size.

4. POUT BECAUSE I WANT ONE OF THESE


I will not pout because I drive a granny car instead of one of these. Instead, I'll spend my time focusing on how much I love having four doors and good gas mileage....and I'll avert my eyes when I see one coming...especially the baby blue convertible one.

5. NO MORE MISSED OPPORTUNITIES


This year I will not miss a chance to play in the rain simply because I'm sportin' my teacher clothes. My kids are only little once, and one day they may be too cool to splash in puddles with their mom.

6. NO MORE BREAKFAST BAR EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING


This year I will NOT limit our breakfast to something that comes out of  a box, and I will NOT let another year go by without feeding my little ones chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate syrup, aka the best breakfast food ever created.

7. RAINY DAY EXCUSES


This is the year when I will not use rainy days as an excuse to sit on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy reruns or A Lot Like Love for the 487th time. Instead, I'll be too busy playing in it to ignore it via T.V.

8. DANCING IN THE KITCHEN


I will NOT let a single day go by without dancing in the kitchen. I swear by it, and if you think I don't look my age (I'll be thirty-one in eight days in case you missed that memo), then I promise kitchen dancing gets all the credit.

9. FORGETTING MY I-POD


This year I will NOT leave home without my I-pod. Just knowing it's tucked away in my diaper bag makes me a happy camper, and the fact that it can keep the Libster entertained for an entire trip to the grocery store, earns it a place at the top of my 'Never Leave Home Without It' list.

10. NO BREAKS IN READING


By no means did I read enough books in 2010. I blame this on the fact that I have trouble finding things I want to spend my time reading, but this year that will NOT be the case. This year I will not let more than two weeks go by between books......or maybe three. But no more than that.

11. FEED MY DEAR BLANK PLEASE BLANK ADDICTION


This year I promise not to be so overly obsessed with http://www.dearblankpleaseblank.com/ . I admit that I love it dearly, and that it cracks me up on a daily basis. But the world will in fact NOT end if I don't check it every day.... at least I sure hope not.


Will I keep my Resolu-NOTS?
Only time will tell.

But, I have a feelin' that.....


Think so too? Well, I'd love to hear what you're resolving NOT to do.
And if I were making resolutions, hosting a linky party would for sure be on it.
And could there possibly be a better place to start?
I'm thinking notsomuch.

So, it's simple.
Write a post on your blog about your resolve NOT to do in 2011,
and link back here to my blog. Then check out what others are resolving NOT to do this year. And leave comments. I mean, don't we ALL love comments?


Happy New Years to You, and You, and You, and no matter where you are or what you do, may all your Resolu-NOTS come true.









5 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm gonna have to round up all my don'ts - I'm sure I have a ton of them. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love it! I haven't gotten to my resolutions yet- to do OR to don'ts- but when I do I'm going to have to link up because thats awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny, funny... so many things to not do this year. what will i choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved reading this!! i always overspend on craft supplies, but i love it so much. it is my form of relaxation!

    and i want 2011 to be my year of crafting, so i feel maybe i need to pick another resolution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resolve NOT to be such an uptight mom. First order: Allowing Jack to make a zipline in the backyard (didn't work, but it didn't kill him either).

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.