Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Counting My Rainbows

To put it mildly, this is not the happiest of happy times at my house.
This whole back thing is about to push me over the ledge.
And yesterday when Hollyn started her at least two week long stint at daycare because Mommy can't pick her up, Mommy almost lost it.

And then I remembered this:


Well, dadgummit, if a twelve year old can do it, then so can I.
I am bound and determined to make SOMETHING good come from this whole experience.
So, as I sit at home alone all day, icing my back every hour and a half and going to therapy, here are some things I'm doing to help make the most of things:


I WILL catch up on some reading.

Currently on the list:
I Am Number Four
The Help
The Happiness Project
Matched

Any suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated.


I WILL use this time to help accept the fact that Hollyn and I will not eternally cuddle up on the couch all day. At some point, she will have to learn that other people love her too..not just Mommy...even if Mommy does love her most.


I WILL use this time to catch up on some girl time.
Be expecting phone calls, ladies, because they're headed your way.


I WILL remind myself that if I can live through E-coli, I so got this....even though it's not going to be making my "Most Fun Things To Ever Do" list anytime soon.


And I WILL remind myself that it can ALWAYS be worse.

But, just in case these attempts fail, feel free to keep sending happy thoughts my way.
And don't forget to enter my two giveaways: here (this one ends tonight) and here.

Here's hoping your Tuesday is fab-u-lo-so.
Must. go. ice. now.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the wonderful pics. used in this post came from here.

2 comments:

  1. :-( Sorry your back is being such a pain! And I bet you miss Miss Hollyn during the day! How is it possible not to pick up a 1 year old?? Hope your back is better very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your back gets better during this time! Glad you have a "plan" to fill your time, and a good attitude going into it!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.