Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If We Were Neighbors #4: A Linky Party

Happy Tuesday, friends.
Sorry I didn't get this party started on Monday, which is the usual. More on that in a minute...but please love me and still link up anyway, mkay?


This morning the coffee will be light and dreamlike....
because after two weeks of drama, drama, drama, I really hope the worst is over.
Maybe I shouldn't say that...but I honestly do believe we're on a downhill slope, if only for a moment.

After last Friday night's ER visit with a very sick baby and spending every day last week visiting my grandmother in the hospital and an out-of-town doctor's appointment yesterday, we are only one more doctor's visit away from what I hope is our last visit for a while.



Libby is headed back to her pediatric allergist on Thursday. Please cross your fingers with me and hope for a good report and some more answers. To preserve Lib's privacy I won't go into all the details on what has been going on with her poor skin, nor will I share pics. She's finally reached the moment we've been dreading for so very long:
she has truly become self-conscious about her condition, which is yet another reason why we're racing to get it all under control as soon as possible.

Until then, this is our goal:



In the meantime, it's spring break.
And while spring break when I'm not working doesn't hold the same prestige as it does when I'm in desperate from a break from high school and all that it entails, it's spring break nonetheless.
So, this week I'm making time for a little of this:



It's none as 'the good stuff' around these here parts.
Playing Uno with Libby, reading Hollyn's favorite book to her for the 100th time today, rewatching my favorite movies, finding new music to love.
Speaking of new music, here's the part where I'd break from our convo. to let you listen to this little ditty.

And you know I'll be making some time for some of this:



On the list this week?
I feel a need to read it before the movie comes out, which I'm hoping is very darn soon.

But most of all, this week I'm hoping for a reason to say I've had one of these:



You'd say you're hoping for one of those as well, and we'd part ways-- but only until tomorrow.
 I'll have the coffee waiting for you.


And now, I'd LOVE to hear what you would talk about with your blog friends if they were your neighbors.
So how's about you write your post and link it up here for others to enjoy?
And maybe even visit and see what other readers have to say?
That'd be cool.
And you're cool.
So why don't we all be cool together?
Sounds like a plan to me.











You can post this button or just a simple link back to my blog; I'm not picky.

And, after you link, don't forget to use your link to enter my custom blog header giveaway.
Peace out, peeps.
And come back soon for an Africa update-- we haven't had one of these in a while, so I'm thinking it's long overdue. We're about to fix that.











2 comments:

  1. Water for Elephants, huh. I'll have to check it out one of these days. I am always looking for a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to link up. And...I absolutely love the comment left on the song page. <3

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.