Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Generation Honesty

Mornin' lovelies.

Today I'd like to introduce you to my 'friend', Carly.


Adorable, yes?
I say 'friend' because technically we've never met, but she goes to my college and we have two tons of mutual friends.
And after talking to Carly some on facebook, I'm here to tell you that she's one cool girl.
She's also one cool girl who's hoping to make a difference.

Carly is the founder of GENERATION HONESTY.

Here's a little about it in Carly's own words:

I wanted to do "Generation Honesty" simply because people are afraid to sometimes show who they really are. So this gives them a chance to simply say what they need to say. There is a group on Facebook that people can join to submit their picture with their Post-it. :):) This generation needs REAL people, so why not start with being honest?
After hearing about this idea, I couldn't help but think that there is a huge need for a place for people to go and simply say what's on their mind. I think that far too often we keep our mouths shut for fear of rejection or humiliation or being misunderstood.
The instructions to participate in Generation Honesty are super easy:
grab a post-it note, write something honest on it-- perhaps something you wouldn't normally share, snap a picture of you and your post-it, and send it to Carly via the facebook group.
Here are some examples that people have already shared:
(I'm sharing these with Carly's permission, of course.)




If you feel like it's time to be honest, perhaps Generation Honesty is the place for you....

Happy Wednesday to you and you and you,
and here's hoping that wherever you are, the weather is behaving itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.