Wednesday, February 8, 2012

5 Thanks: January

I'm truly ashamed. It's been far too long since I've posted a five thanks post....how terribly ungrateful of me. In case you've joined me since my last one, here's my original post where I explained how there's ALWAYS something to be thankful for, even if it's something small, simple, and sweet.

That being said, new year-- new start. And, for the record, I love how these items all fit well into my word for the year.

Without further adieu, here are five of the simple things I was thankful for last month:



1. rekindling my love for reading

After teaching reading all day long, sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home is read some more. But then I do it, and I'm always so glad I did. I read three books last month, all of which were on my list of books to read this year. I'm guessing that puts me ahead in this game?
Anywho, I've especially enjoyed these...I'll be finishing the second one, Crossed, just as soon as I finish this post.


 



2. something shiny



Last month, the hubby and I bought a new oven.
Who knew an oven could ever be so shiny?




3. birthdays

Hollyn and I both celebrated birthdays last month, and I'm still smiling over the simplicity and perfection that was Hollyn's second birthday party. And seriously, this little girl is so beautiful in so many ways that it makes my heart swell with pride and adoration. Clearly God does not give us what we deserve when it comes to our children, because there is no way I've done anything worthy of being her mother.






4. this friend


This is my friend, Courtney.
And in the past month or so, her world has been rocked in more ways than one. Yet, after moving and losing her mother within one week's time, she continues to be an amazing example of what it looks like to live and shine for God. She is truly relying on Him to comfort her, bring her peace, and guide her during this difficult time. And I could not be more thankful for the example she has set or the reminder she has been to me that God IS in control, and His plans, though we may not always understand them, are ALWAYS what is best.


5. Prison Break  and Parenthood marathons


Although I did resolve not to watch more than I read this year, I did a lot of watching in January. However, the entertainment that is Prison Break can't be beat.......


And Parenthood has truly challenged me as a wife and a mother.



I'm hoping that cancels out the many hours I've spent making the most of my Netflix subscription.....


And now I have to ask--- what were YOU thankful for last month?
And what are you looking forward to this month?
I happen to L-O-V-E Valentine's Day, specifically in terms of my kiddos, so I can't wait for next week.

Here's hoping your Wednesday is filled to the tip top with things to be thankful for, and be sure to come back tomorrow; there's a giveaway a comin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.