Thursday, April 26, 2012

So Much Alike and Yet So Not At All

My kiddos are as different as night and day. 
Libby is loud and excited and knows what she wants. 
Hollyn is meek and silly and as patient as can be. 

And yet, when I look at these two photos in which they are about the same age, I can't help but think about they are both alike in the fact that they make me so darn happy, make every day an adventure, and make me one proud mom. 



And yes, I'm still alive after starting the Whole 30. 
Four days down and here's what I can report: 

Day one was exciting. I ignored how tired and grumpy I was because I was a girl on a mission. 
Day two was for the dogs. I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had and went to bed at 8:30. Booooooooo on Day 2. 
Days 3 and 4 are much, much better, thankfully. No more headache (yay!), and I'm really not hungry at all. I think my body is starting to adjust,  and I'm starting to get creative with food that includes no sugar of any kind and no grains of any kind. Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but I'm staying focused.
Keep the encouragement coming. 

Happy Thursday to you and you and you!

Oh, and today I'm linking up with my favorite blogger. You should join me; all the cool kids are doin' it. 

3 comments:

  1. i totally agree---i have 6 VERY DIFFERENT personalities...and yet, they all make me feel the same :)

    you're the bestest blog reader out there. seriously, my #1 fave ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post, my three children are all so different but all so simular too in the amount I love them, good luck with the 30 days x

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.