Tuesday, July 23, 2013

He is preparing their hearts.



They talk about her. 
They draw pictures of her. 
They fight over where she will sleep and who will be her favorite sister. 
They pray for her by name morning, noon, and night. 

Instead of pretending to go to the store, my three-year-old pretends to go to Africa. 
And my eight-year-old won second grade president this year after giving her speech that included things like making sure each kid in Africa has clean water and a roof for their church. 

Not only is God preparing my heart for my daughter to come home, but He is preparing my biological kiddos' hearts as well. 

Seeing them get excited about Emily is probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. 
God is giving me a front row seat to watch them come to understand how He shows His love for us through adoption. 

My littles get it without any hesitation. 
They don't think about the fact that she isn't growing in my belly. 
They aren't bothered by the idea that she will look differently than they do. 
They don't worry about how people will accept her or what people may think about our decision.

They just love her. 

And that's exactly the way I think it should be. 


2 comments:

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.