Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just a few random thoughts...some happy, some notsomuch



Lots of thoughts in my head these days. 
We are waiting for some adoption news, 
which is a good thing (hopefully) but basically has me on overdrive emotionally. 

Here are a few of the things running through my head here lately: 

* Ain't no way I'm still gonna fit in my jeans when our adoption is over. Who was I kidding when I thought that at least with this baby I wouldn't gain a ton of weight like I did when I was preggars? Ha. Cravings, cravings, cravings. That's the name of the game. Pretty sure my body is taking this whole paper pregnancy thing a little too literally. 

*Libby has to do a science fair project this year. Welcome to third grade, where we don't really DO science yet, but we still expect your kiddo to produce an awesome project, complete with a proven hypothesis. 

*Adoption is confirming what I have always known to be true: I absolutely stink at waiting. I have no patience. I am terrible at it. And it's oober hard for me. 
Basically, I've just invited a major challenge into my life. 

*Some people really just don't know what to say in response to adoption. It makes them uncomfortable. While this is crazy to me, can I suggest they just say, "So, I hear you're adopting?". That works for me. 

*Halloween is next week. It's my favorite. However, it means I only have a limited time left with my beloved candy corn. Better make the most of it while I still can. 

*Christmas will be here before I know it. Wanna know how much time I've spent thinking about presents this year? None. Zero. Nadda. So bascially, it's gonna be awesome seeing as how it's not even on my radar yet, and I'm usually almost done by now, at least mentally in terms of what I'm planning to gift this year. 

*I realize the value of a dollar now more than ever. Spending money is painful for me these days because when I see a dollar, all I can think about is my daughter and how she needs to come home more than I need anything new, no matter how much I think I need it. 

*I need to read. I need time to read. Reading makes me happy, but it's just not something I can seem to fit into the schedule these days. 

*Hollyn has officially outgrown naps. If you need me, I'll be in the corner crying. 

That's all for today. 
Pray for us? 
Pray for good news about our adoption to come this way quickly? 

Thanks, friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.