Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life lately.



May has been a whirlwind. 

Here are some of the things that have been keeping me all kinds of busy lately:

1. Reading-- trying to catch up, trying to take in all the goodness, trying to learn as much as I can. A Summer reading list is coming soon. What are YOU reading this summer? 

2. Third grade-- it's over. We said goodbye and walked away. If you need me, I'll be crying in the corner. 

3. Jessica Honegger from Noonday Collection made her way to Mississippi earlier this month. We stuffed her face with pimento cheese, and she shared her world changing stories with my friends. It was so great spending time with someone who followed her dreams, beat the odds, and is working to change the lives of thousands of artisans around the world. She inspires me so so much, and visiting with her was nothing short of wonderful. 
4. Let's talk teachers' gifts. We kept it simple and sweet this year with succulents and Sonic cards.

5. Dance recital-- it's coming soon, as in next weekend. And it's consuming the lives of two little girls who live in my house.

6. In exactly fifty days, I'll be boarding a plane to Rwanda with my best friend. Oh my stars, I can't wait.

7. Sno Cones-- Summer is officially here. And we've welcomed it with open arms.

8. At the age of thirty-four, I think I have FINALLY mastered the curling wand. Ohmylanta, I feel like I deserve a prize or at least some burn cream for my poor fingers.

9. We are still collecting donations for our upcoming Instagram Auction to help bring Emily home. The deadline is May 29. If you'd like to donate a handmade item, simply send a picture and price to me at mccallald@yahoo.com. And mark your calendars for June 2-4.

What's been keeping YOU all kinds of busy these days? Do tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.