Thursday, May 1, 2014

Little Moments



Life is made of little moments.
Laundry and pancakes, 
impromptu tea parties and watching Frozen 457 times....
this is life. 

However, I'm the girl who lives for big moments. 
I am always looking for the next big thing to look forward to.
While there's technically nothing wrong with this, it sometimes scares me that I'm missing it. 

I'm an 'all in' kind of girl. 
And for the past year, my all has been given to our adoption. 
Again, waiting for the next big thing, with this big thing being especially important and oh so cute and currently in Africa waiting for her family. 

I don't want to miss out on the little moments. 
I don't want to waste my days waiting for the big moments. 
I want to make a conscious effort to enjoy the small things that make our home our home
 and our family our family. 

Some days I do okay with this. 
Other days I fail miserably....
because let's face it-- looking forward to loading the dishwasher and spending one more dinner forcing Hollyn to eat her three bites of broccoli simply doesn't have the same appeal as planning for a trip to Africa, dreaming about a visit to see my bestie, and preparing for a life with daughter #3. 

Any thoughts on this? 
How are you making it a point not to waste your little moments? 
Do tell. 

1 comment:

  1. Food for thought, McCall.

    Speaking of food, here's a quote for Hollyn:

    "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." George H. W. Bush

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.